Re: Kernel boot messages

Casey, thanks for the reply. I've only recently switched to Debian and I don't recall either RedHat or Mandrake logging all of this info (or more likely, I never checked for it). Nonetheless, the error I'm looking for didn't show up.

I've recompiled the kernel again. Why ?? ;-) The console has started getting flakey... no characters show up when I type. Or the characters that do show up are missing "pixels" in the horizontal plane (hard to describe) and they're also about 1/4 the size of my monitor !! I did enable framebuffer for my Matrox card, but this has worked fine with 2.2.17 and .18. This time though, I enabled some additional fonts. Have to assume that's the problem, so I've removed them and will try again. Is this a known problem ... anyone ??

Regards,
Hall Stevenson

* Casey Webster (casey@trifocus.net) [010113 09:52]: