Problems booting NT with Lilo

Hi there,

I am having a stragne problem with lilo that I have not seen before and
not sure how to solve it. I am running Debian unstable on anIBM Thinkpad
600X with a 12 G hard drive. Recently, about a week ago, lilo 1:21.6
went into the distribution. Since that point in time I have been unable
to properly boot my NT system. I have the following setup.

Hard disk Partitions:
hda1: 4G NTFSprimary partition c:
hda2: 5.5G NTFS primary partition e:
hda3: 64M Linux swap partition
hda4: 2G Linux Native partition

I have the following lilo.conf file:

lba32
boot=/dev/hda4
root=/dev/hda4
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
delay=20
map=/boot/map
append="mem=130496K"
vga=normal
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.0
        label=Linux
other=/dev/hda1
        label=NT
#       table=/dev/hda

I have tried with and without the last line.

Symptoms:

Linux boots no problems as usual. NT does not.
When I boot NT I get a Blue screen of death with the error message
c0000135 and that winsrv.dll cannot find a DLL it needs.
Upon furthur investigation I have determined that somehow the second
NTFS partition is getting marked as a HIDDEN NTFS partition when I boot
linux. This causes NT not to be able to see it when I boot and therefore
it crashes. If I make /dev/hda1 the active partition and just boot NT
without LILO everything works fine. If I boot a dos disk and use
partition magic to unhied the NT partition it will boot fine through
LILO until after the next time I boot into Linux and then the 2nd NTFS
partition is labelled as HIDDEN NTFS again and I have to go and unhide
the partition.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? I am using the Debian mbr.
Not sure if that is the problem but when I ran dpkg-reconfigure lilo and
chose the lilo mbr instead I still seemed to have the problem.

Thanks

Dale Miller
gdmiller@wave.home.com