Re: Why choose Debian?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 09:28:13PM -0500, David B . Harris wrote:

> Anyways, I've always felt that there were two main areas in the "ease"
> of a system - how easy it is to learn, and how easy it is to use.

That's a very interesting approach. Never thought of it that way.

> Debian is like that. It's harder to learn than both Mandrake and Red
> Hat, but it's easier to use and maintain. I wouldn't have been able to
> go straight from Windows into Debian, I needed Caldera, Mandrake, and
> Red Hat as transitional phases, but now that I'm here I'm not going
> back.

Same here. I started with Suse and it was ok since I could really work
with the system very quickly. Debian would have been much to
frustrating back then.
Then I migrated and I did never regret it. Is there somebody who
changed to Debian and changed back later?

Debian is like an ocean; the water of many rivers flows in it - if
they did not dry up on their way.

Phil