Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro / 10 not recognized.

In hanasaki's email, 12-01-2001:
> Support was added to the kernel when Potato was installed.  The system
> does not seem to see the card.  Any input would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you

Is this a eepro100 card, or one of the Intel integrated ethernet
controllers (on the motherboard).   I have a lab full of the integrated
controllers (Called Intel Ether Express Pro 100/VE+ I believe), and for
older kernels I needed to install and compile a proprietary intel driver
available from the website.

Recent kernels (2.2.18, 2.4.0) have support for the card, but the support
doesn't stand up to much stress (randomly, a reboot will make the driver
break, and when you try to actually push 100Mbit through it, it dies
like a fish in a lava tank).

Michael Janssen
CNS Lab Adminstrator