woody and stability

Hey all,

I do lots of 3D animations w/ blender (all hail NaN ;-), and while i`m
satisfied w/ using potato (solid as a rock for me), there are a few apps
that I could use that would make my life a lot more simple..... But they
are in the unstable tree. My question is this: How would it affect me if
I updated to woody? Would my stability be /greatly/ reduced? And (I feel
ignorant asking this), how would kernel 2.4 go w/ Woody? If anyone is
running this configuration, I would love to hear on how they are doing.

Thanks Guys

Jerrud