Re: save msgs to default mailbox in Mutt

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 05:59:39PM -0500, mike wrote:
> 	Since at least half-this list uses Mutt i thought i would ask
> my Mutt question here.

I'm no mutt guru, but I've learned that Mutt's Fine Manual is
extremely accurate in its description of actions and what have you,
but terse terse and terse:)

> 	 I set up a save-hook to save any message to a default mailbox.

So it's a *default*, that makes me guess mutt only fills in a likely
answer to its save prompt and that there is noway to cicumvent the
question.

> So when i press 's' to save a message i get a prompt to save to the default
> mailbox. I have not yet found a way to eliminate the prompt.

> 	I have tried unset confirmappend, but that does'nt work even though
> the manual says "When set, Mutt will prompt for confirmation when
> appending messages to an existing mailbox".

And this again works exactly as advertised, it controls that second
question you can get:) The first question is only about the name of
the file, the second question is whether it should append or not (in
case you wanted it to be written to a file all by itself:)

There is an other second question you can get saving and that one is
controlled with the telling name "confirmcreate".

--
groetjes, carel