Re: Running fetchmail as daemon - mail goes to postmaster

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:43:19 -0600
"Keith G. Murphy" <keithmur@mindspring.com> wrote:

> > I couldn't get that to work when I used 'on this system', nor can I see
> those as allowed 'noise' words in the documentation.  What works for me
> is just plain old:
>
> username <user-a> to <user-b>
>
> Where did you get the 'on this system' syntax from?

I don't actually know - I have been using it for absolutely ages; I think I got it from a newsgroup message. I suppose it worked OK when I ran fetchmail as 'gsmh' because it didn't understand the noise words and used 'gsmh' because that was the user running it.

Now I have used your syntax, I get 'gsmh@localhost' instead of 'postmaster@localhost' so the problem is solved! Thank you very much indeed!

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000