Antwort: Re: ldap, ldap everywhere

I did some research with ldap - the point for me is the use in network for
different operating systmes and netscapes roaming profiles. I was able to set up
this, but some things (Addressbook, ...) don't work (yet) with Version 2.0.x -
there is very little documentation. Thers is a Samba-Version with PDC-Support
with LDAP - works very good, but you have to enable cleartext-passwords on NT.
Somebody told me, it does not work with w2k. The use of LDAP with qmail was not
very hard to setup.

If you plan to use LDAP in a network, you can expect a lot of research, a bit
frustration and fun with solving problems. Generally I think, is a good idea.

martin

fjc@thingy.apana.org.au (Frank Copeland) on 09.01.2001 14:18:00