Re: gnome MIME types

At Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:15:09 +0100,
Philipp Schulte wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 12:00:30PM +0000, Gary Coady wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 01:16:49AM +0100, Philipp Schulte wrote:
> > > I have Netscape 4.76 and Mozilla 0.6 installed on my potato system. I
> > > wanted to change the MIME types in the Gnome Control-Center so that
> > > html files are viewed with Mozilla by default.
[...]
 > I don't know how viewing HTML files interacts with the MIME types, but you
> > can at least get gnome-moz-remote to open mozilla instead by creating
> > ~/.gnome/gnome-moz-remote
> > and putting in the contents
> >
> > [Mozilla]
> > filename=/path/to/mozilla/bin/mozilla
>
> Thanks, I thought of something like that but it's not a nice solution.
> Phil

That actually IS the nice solution. I am running milestone 18 on
unstable and the only other way I could do it is to have Mozilla
in the path (which it happens to be anyway) and to set the handler
for text/html to 'mozilla -chrome 'file:%f''.
If I try to give the full path to Mozilla (or any app I use as a
handler), I get the same error that you experienced.
Besides that, if I call Mozilla with the 'chrome' option, it comes
up without toolbars and the popup menus are disabled. Somewhat like
a kiosk setting.