Re: upgrading the kernel to 2.4

On 3 Jan 2001, Moritz Schulte wrote:

> Nico De Ranter <nico@sonycom.com> writes:
>
> > I tried to compile a 2.4 kernel, however it turns out the
> > /lib/modules directory has been restructured and now the system
> > can't find any modules anymore.
>
> You simply need a newer version of modutils.
> You could fetch Unstable's (or, is it already in Testing?) modutils
> source package and compile it on your Potato system..

it didn't help me! version in unstable(testing) is still 2.3.11 and 2.4
kernels need at least 2.3.18 (from Changes).

I have to load my modules manually up to now :-(((

[]s
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21