Re: OT: Has anyone used efax w/USR 56K modem???

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 06:20:57PM -0800, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> I'm very frustrated trying to get efax to properly receive faxes through my
> USR 56K modem (a v.90 type, now). All faxes come in appearing like something
> streaked out sideways.  I'm allowing efax to determine the best fit with the
> modem (instead of specifying the type myself).
>
> Has anyone gotten this combo to work?  Is there anything special in the
> setup?

Yes, I got it working.

I had to change some lines in /etc/efax.rc

Besides the obvious (FROM, NAME, PAGE, etc), I have uncommented the following lines:

LOCK='-x /var/lock/LCK..$DEV'                   # modern systems

FCINIT='-j&H2'          # USR (Courier, Sportster)

CLASSINIT="-o0" # Class 2.0

Without those, I'd get garbage when receiving a fax.

See if that fixes you rproblem...

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil