Removing Helix packages

Well, for some stupid reason, I decided to give the Gnome packages from Helix a try. After re-starting X-Windows, I noticed that my Eterms don't have scrollbars and scroll-arrows. My first assumption is that it's related to Helix's version of the various imlib packages. Now though, I can't remove them, at least without removing a bunch of other packages that depend on them.

I've tried different "--ignore-depends=???" options, "--force", etc with no luck. I'm sure there is a way to force the removal of *just* the items I specify, isn't there ?? If so, could someone explain ??

Thanks
Hall