exim can not post email to my /var/spool/mail

hello, debian-user,

My debian/woody have a big problem. Today i use
apt-get update;apt-get upgrade
as before. But i got nightmare.

When run upgrade, it said that libpam-modules
sould be revome templately, i follow this advise,
use below,

apt-get remove libpam-modules
apt-get upgrade

but everything became worst. I can not upgrade
libc, it said that it can not find "date" command.
I want to reinstall libpam-modules, but failed.

So, I format my debian box and reinstall all system
from potato install files(include base,driver).

When i have reinstalled my potato debian, I use
dselect to choice woody path. Then I use

apt-get -o APT::Loop*(I forget)=on upgrade

system look ok.

After that, I install exim and choose 2nd item
(satellitic) as before. then install fetchmail and
use previous .fetchmailrc in root count.

Fetchmail can fetch my email from my ISP mailbox,
but my exim can not deliver these to /var/spool/mail.
It create a /var/spool/exim derectory and save all
email and some infomation in it by itself.

Then I try to use

mail benluo(my normal account)

in root account, but there is nothing in /var/spool/mail.

Then I use
ls -l /var/spool/mail

lrwxrwxrwx	root	root	/var/spool/mail-> ../mail

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ben Luo
benluoxx@china.com