Re: emacs & w3m -- "Cannot open load file: poe"

on Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 10:05:35AM -0500, Bob Bernstein (poobah@ruptured-duck.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 03:00:11AM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>
> > Actually, it doesn't.  Same error:
> >
> >     Symbol's function definition is void: set-process-coding-system
>
> Eeek. Fwiw, here's what I have here, that seems to work with no errors:
>
> w3-el-e20  4.0pre.46-9  running in
> emacs20    20.7-3
>
> from unstable.

Ok, several problems I had.

I've installed emacs20-dl and w3-el-e20.  Software works better when
it's there.

> > ..and, IMVAO, w3's rendering is less than ideal.
>
> I use it to view URLs when I'm using gnus for mail, and I don't do that in
> X. So I hafta beg out of that one.

Hmmm....  Looking at things, I'm still trying to figure out if w3 and
w3m are the same thing, just in and out of emacs dress.  I was getting
really convinced they were, now I'm pretty convinced they're not.  If I
haven't mentioned it recently, I *really* like w3m, even when I am in X.
There's a lot to be said for a text-mode browser with uniform
presentation across sites with very badly fscked HTML.

Ok.  Up and running now.

Any hints as to what the various "W3 Style Face #####" correspond to?
I'm doing a sort of hunt-and-peck right now trying to figure out what
sort of markup they correspond to.