Re: mouse question

On December 29, 2000 07:57 pm, Cam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently bought a Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel mouse and I am
> unable to get the wheel to work at all.  Here is what I have in my
> XF86Config-4 file for my mouse:

I haven't tried this on my Debian machine, but here is what Mandrake
did on that machine (Xfree86 4.0.1, KDE2).  Also look at
http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/ for hints in
making the wheel work in many applications (Netscape, emacs, etc)

This works with my Logitech Cordless Wheel Mouse (The one with the red,
blue and grey interchangable covers). All KDE applications, Netscape
and xmms work great.

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "MouseManPlusPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
#    Emulate3Buttons
#    Emulate3Timeout    50

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    ChordMiddle

EndSection
--
Shawn D'Alimonte   sdalimon@home.com