Re: formatting mod

Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this question might sound quite stupid, but: How to format an MOD of
> 640MB as superfloppy with dos filesystem?
>
> Until now I only needed ext2fs. I used fdisk (fdisk -b2048 /dev/sdc),
> deleted the partition, wrote the new data to the disk and could
> lateron install an ext2fs with "ext2fs -b2048 /dev/sdc".
>
> I tried it now the same way with mkdosfs and it refuses to do so. What
> is the trick? With partitions on the MOD, the drive designations of the
> OS/2 system, with which the data have to be exchanged, will be messed
> up.

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but you may be using the wrong fs
type.  IIRC, mkdosfs uses the DOSFS type used on floppies.  You should
look at the tool mkfs.vfat for starters; vfat is just large FAT with an
extended segment for long file names, and even OS/2 should be able to
use /those/ 8.3 tables.

--
-=|JP|=-                "Why, oh, why didn't I take the blue pill?"
Jon Pennington        | Atipa Linux Solutions   -o)

6D04 39E0 CAE9 9ADA 2CA3  2EBE 898A 6C37 CA1E A29C