Re: Help fetchmail socket error?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

> I trust that you've already checked Fetchmail's FAQ here

Yes.

> R7. Fetchmail randomly dies with socket errors.
>
> Check the MTU value in your PPP interface reported by /sbin/ifconfig. If
> it's over 600, change it in your PPP options file. (/etc/ppp/options on
> my box). Here are option values that work:
>
> mtu 552
> mru 552

I did that. Checking first what the mtu default was with ifconfig and got
1200 something. I set it to 552 along with mru. Thins got a little
better but I have still have the expected length errors...

> R9. Fetchmail is timing out after fetching certain messages but before
> deleting them

This is new. But I have no delays...

> packet. Turning off tcp timestamps avoids the fragmentation and restores
> normal behaviour. To do this, [execute]
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps

Will try. If it dos something positive, how make it permanent?

Jonathan

--

	    "Hey, I think I finally got the hang of i-"