Re: putting Apache into chroot()-prison

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 04:02:03PM -0500, JoshNarins@aol.com wrote:

> Hey Norman,

The name's Nathan ... I realize it's a difficult name to parse.

>        As an unbiased observer I will comment on your
> comment concerning the quote/content ratio of the other
> poster. You have your preferences. Tons of flamewars are
> started when people selectively quote and people respond
> t o statementso the out of context. Nine lines is an
> excessive .sig, I grant. I've never used a .sig though, so
> I can say that.

My comments (and preferences) are based on long-standing Use-Net
tradition which is generally followed by caring mailing list
participants.  When in Rome, do as the Romans do and all that.

You should quote enough material so that successive posters can't
take a quote out of context.  You don't need to quote everything,
especially sigs and blank lines.

>        If you want to pass a law, write your representative,
> or become a representative.

I don't believe I said anything about passing a law.  What are you,
some kind of troll?

>       Hey, is micro muse a statement about small thoughts?

No, it's a company as demonstrated by the "Micromuse Inc.". `whois
micromuse.com', and a look at http://www.micromuse.com.  Thanks for the
well thought out attempt at a put-down.  I'll avoid condescending
remarks based on your email address.

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.