Re: Changing screen size along with screen resolution?

Lance Simmons wrote:

> I know how to change screen resolution using ctl-alt-plus or
> ctl-alt-minus, but the absolute size of the screen doesn't change. Is
> there a way to change resolution _and_ screen size at the same time?
>
> I usually use 1600x1200, but now I'd like to run a linux game
> fullscreen at 800x600. That leaves me with a screen four times larger
> than I want.

does the game support fullscreen? while i don't know how to accomplish
this every game i've played (unreal tournament, quake3, simcity 3000
etc)
which supported full screen switched modes properly(I too run 1600x1200)
and there is no problem running full screen (without the virtual
desktop)
during games..

now if the game is windowed and you just want to shrink the viewable
area
i dont know how to do that, i just kept the virtual desktop and lived
with it while i played(had to do this when i played Q3A on my TNT1 a bit
over a year ago).

nate

--
:::