Re: setting up apt-get "server"

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 02:11:12PM +0100, Igor Mozetic wrote:
> > I setup an rsync mirror of the kde2 site for my home network.  I was
> > wondering how to set it up so I can apt-get from workstations in my
> > network the packages off my rsync mirror.  Has anyone done this?  Any
> > pointers for me?
>
> No big deal.  If you want to use (in /etc/apt/sources.list), eg:
>
> deb ftp://YOUR.MIRROR.FQDN/debian potato main contrib non-free
> then setup an ftp server, if you want to use:
>
> deb http://YOUR.MIRROR.FQDN/debian potato main contrib non-free
> then setup a web server, and if you want to use:
>
> deb file:/YOUR-MIRROR-EXPORTED-DIR/debian potato main contrib non-free
> then setup an NFS server.

do you think it'd be approrpriate if i included something
along these lines to my apt-get-intro.html at
http://www.eGroups.com/files/newbieDoc ?  or is it
more advanced than the scope of that document?

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc