Re: Navigating your drive in text mode

On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 03:55:38PM -0800, Xucaen wrote:

> --- Stephan Kulka <e9626471@student.tuwien.ac.at>
> wrote:
> > To find new packages you don't know about look
> > at the Debian homepage and
> > use the search function. I like it very much
> > and you also can search for
> > words which are no package names.
>
> I have not been able to find anything I have ever
> searched for on debian. everything I type in
> nothing comes up. so I have learned not to use
> it.

or try this --

	http://packages.debian.org/PACKAGE-NAME-HERE

and you'll ususally see all kinds-o-stuff. if you don't, try a
"broader" pattern: for example -- if "something-particular"
doesn't show any hits, sale back to "something" and then to
"some" or "thing" and see what you get.

watch out for distributions, tho -- if you're using potato
(stable) you prob'ly wouldn't wanna install a woody package.

debianista emptor. (or is it caveat debianite?)

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc