Re: cdr recomendations

David Purton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of buying a cd writer.
>
> The howto suggests that most ide drives should work fine with Linux.
>
> But I was just wondering what modals people have had good results with and
> more importantly if there are any to avoid.

Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MATSHITA Model: CD-R   CW-7502   Rev: 4.16
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

the above is a 4X/8X CDR, don't remember the full brand name
maybe its a panasonic? but ive been using it under linux
for years with no trouble.

Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PLEXTOR  Model: CD-R   PX-W124TS Rev: 1.06
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

that drive is a 12X/8X/32X (or is it 12X/4X/32X? i forget)
CDRW. i've only used CDRs on it(never plan to use CDRWs)
and it works great too all the way up to 12X write.

i wouldn't use an IDE CD recorder but thats just personal
opinion.

nate

--
:::