Re: Dump root window to a JPG?

On Saturday 23 December 2000 14:03, Laurent Boulard Debian User wrote:
> Le Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 07:25:49PM +0100, John Travis écrivait :
> > Thanks, that's a lot faster than my previous methods.  Except the
> > video (from xine) still shows up as a bright ass blue box :-).  Any
> > other suggestions?
>
> you can't grab the display of xine because it use Xv extension. The
> display of the movie on the screen is render by the video card. xine
> computes the display in memory and the video card grabs it in order
> to replace the blue color of the root display. This is why you see a
> blue color on your screenshot.
> The (almost) only way of doing a movie shot is by xine which know
> where is memory of the movie. So, until xine offers a grab fonction,
> you can't take a shot. If you really want to grab a picture of the
> movie, disable the Xv rendeering but be ready to lose many many
> frames.
>
> Laurent.
> PS: sorry for my bad english

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that one yet :-).  Screenshots taken!  Too
bad I couldn't get any fullscreens without xv but all well.  There is a
somewhat random (at least to me) _huge_ memory leak if you force it not
to use the xv extension.  Thanks again.

P.S.  Your english is much better than my <put any language here> 8*).

jt