Re: LaTeX and PDF-files

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 08:32:34PM +0100, Thomas Halahan wrote:

> Mike
>
> I did compile dvipdfm a while ago.  I have not used it much as it did
> not seem to offer me anything new in particular - but having said
> that I didn't really test it much.
>
> Q.  What do you think dvipdfm is good at?  I'm just curious to know
> when it might be useful.

    I didn't feel like keeping two sets of course, one for latex, the other
for pdflatex, with compatible images for both. For printing I prefer
postscript, but I want pdfs for digital documents. dvipdfm allows me to do all
of my work with standard latex, and then create a pdf when I'm all done with a
single step.
    I tried that with ps2pdf, but the output was horrible. dvipdfm seems to
work much better.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX