Re: Postfix delivers more than once

Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 01:28:09PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
>
> > Anyway, worth checking for something along these lines in your log
> > files... See if any delivery attempts are marked as failed for some
> > reason and/or if Postfix makes multiple attempts to send the mail.
>
> It's most likely to have happened when Postfix got a timeout waiting to
> a response to the end of DATA, in which case Postfix logs a message
> saying "mail may be delivered more than once".
>
> --
> Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@tardis.ed.ac.uk   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
>             http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/
> EUFS        http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/societies/filmsoc/

Yes, I found these messages. But now, what can I do? I have a script
that cuts the line as soon as the other scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/
have finished. How can I resp. the script make sure Postfix isn't just
in the middle of its job?

--
Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]