Re: vpn -> how?

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 01:21:30PM -0500, John Covici wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, will trillich wrote:
> > anybody care to suggest a few simple steps to get VPN
> > up and running? i've looked at the nano-HOWTO and don't
> > have any luck. other methods are delightfully accepted!
> >
> > rather than tell you how many methods and in what glorious
> > ways i've failed, i thought i'd start with tabula rasa and
> > let you experienced gurus start me off...
> >
> > [care to write a newbieDoc about it, while you're at it?]
>
> There is a nice patch for the 2.x kernels which gives you the ability
> for vpn clients if that is what you are looking for.

cool. there's ALMOST some information there.
i'll just go to some random website and search
for "a nice patch"... grr.

i'm on 2.2.17, if that's significant.

anybody else care to take a crack at this?

--
will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc