Re: NE2000 ISA NIC setup

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, John Griffiths wrote:

> trying to do a new install on a box with an NE2000 NIC
> having trouble with the module on install (that is it fails)
> do i need to tell it the IRQ/IO arguments?
>
> if so what is the syntax?

I was never able to get this done in the install. I completed the install
without networking and then, after some research, placed:

alias eth0 ne
options ne      io=0x300 irq=10

in the file /etc/modutils/network. Of course, after more research, I had to
complete the rest of the network configuration manually as well. But in the
end, it all works.

Good luck,
Dwight