Re: installing pine

> 	You can search the archives to find a link to the deb.  There
> 	are licensing issues with pine so Debian doesn't include it but
> 	there are people who have built the debs.  I just snagged the
> 	latest stable release (source) from the pine web site.  I had to
> 	install a library or two but it was no big deal.  Compiled just
> 	fine.  You might want to try mutt.  I like it a lot better.  It
> 	took some configuring but it isn't as clunky as pine.

pine, pico and pilot deb's are included in woody.  you'll notice that the
version numbers have an 'L' at the end of them.  that signifies (i
believe) that they are not an unmodified binary and allows debian to
distribute the pine binaries that they want to and still comply with the
license.

heyzeus(larry)$ apt-cache search pine
pico - Easy-to-use text editor found in Pine.
pine - An e-mail reader with MIME and IMAP support.
pilot - simple file system browser in the style of the Pine Composer.
pine-docs - Getting started with email using Pine

heyzeus(larry)$ apt-cache show pine | grep Version
Version: 4.21L-0.3

adam.