Re: exim (probably broken thread)

Carel Fellinger wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 09:36:53AM -0500, A R wrote:
> > tony@debian:~$ telnet localhost smtp
> > Trying 127.0.0.1...
> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
> > tony@debian:~$
>
> okee, this probably means that your /etc/inetd.conf got hoosed,
> unless you are running exim in daemon mode.
> Somewhere you need to find lines like:
>
> #:MAIL: Mail, news and uucp services.
> smtp            stream  tcp     nowait  mail    /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs
>
> if that smtp line is missing, add it, do as root "/etc/init.d/inetd reload"
> and try again.
>
> --
> groetjes, carel

 I did it, now look what's coming:
Before trying fetchmail again, I am going to close netscape to avoid conflict.
I have messenger set to retrieve every minute. So I will report back in a few
minutes.

tony@debian:~/pruebas$ telnet localhost smtp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to debian.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 debian ESMTP Exim 3.12 #1 Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:23:21 -0500
quit
221 debian closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
tony@debian:~/pruebas$