Unidentified subject!

Hi guys,
I am trying to install debian 2.2 on my second hard drive. The official cd I have boots up (using disc 2) and I set the keyboard, partition and initialise the native and swap partitions. I choose not to be compatible with pre 2.2 kernals. It is now time to install kernal and modules so I just click enter. I then choose to install using cd rom and click enter. The cd is still in there from when I booted from it in the beggining.After selecting install by cd rom it then goes to another screen and asks me 'please choose the path inside the cd rom where the debian archive is'. What ever I put in It say it can't find 'images-1.44/something/rescue.bin. The help manuals have suggested to me that the cd is supposed to do its own thing. Please help as it is seriously frustrating me that I can't find the debian archive path.
  Thanks  horelacy@hotmail.com