Re: pppoe

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 01:52:14AM -0500, Ken Weingold wrote:

:First four go in /usr/local/bin and options.pppoe goes in /etc/ppp.  I
:had already put what you said in pap-secrets.  It also says to put the
:username in start-pppoe, but when I run it it always says
:"unrecognized option 's14b23@mindspring.com'".

I got that in my copy too, wonder why.  Taking it out was required to
get it working.

:pppd is there.  Does this tell you anything?

That DSL is evil. Like crack, there's no going back (to dialup).

Some thinks to think about:

Do you have a Windows machine to see if the hardware is good?  I seem
to recall some trouble resulting from my ipchains setup too.

Does the activity light on the DSL box flash when you attempt to
connect?

Did you slaughter the fatted calf?

Can you get a cable modem in your area?

Good Luck,