Re: LI- Lilo just stops working

On Tuesday 05 December 2000 15:31, Scott Patterson wrote:
> I would assume it's not a virus since the "LI-" is common when your MBR is
> messed up. Did you install a new kernel recently?

Yes, but after the re-boot, it worked for at least 2-3 reboots before the
problem reared it's homely head.

> Anyway, you should be able to run "/sbin/lilo" to reinstall LILO to the
> MBR. That should solve the problem.

Nope, that's the first thing I tried.  Lilo seems to install just fine, but
upon reboot, all it get is "LI-", same as before.

I do recall some trouble getting lilo installed in the first place, so I'm
beginning to suspect the bios settings.  The battery seems fine, but maybe I
changed something a long time ago that is only now starting to cause MBR
problems.  Win98 had no troubles booting when I didn't use lilo.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.