Re: XFree86 4.0.1 packages and Potato

On 5 Dec 2000, mikpolniak wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:45:28 +0100 (CET), Erik Noort said:
>
> >  I'm wondering how things are standing with XFree86 4.0.1 packages for
> >  Debian 2.2 (Potato). I've noticed that they are already available for
> >  Woody, but not for Potato. I've tried to compile the woody source package,
> >  but I keep recompiling libs to get it the libs compiled I need to get X
> >  compiled, so if I would continu I would probably end up having a Woody system.
> >  Is there any solution to this, apart from switching to Woody?

I believe the potato debs are on people.debian.org/~branden, and otherwise
I believe someone from the Netherlands, CP Botha if I recall correctly,
did them too. Scan the archives.

> If you come up with a working xf86Config for the G450 or
> any suggestions please let me know. I have asked on this list,
> but no replies yet about G450 working under XF86-4.

Indeed, if you get it to work, PLEASE tell me too, 'cause I've been trying
for days now, to no aval. I bought a Matrox, 'cause I wanted to support a
company that developes open source drivers, but man, I'm starting to
regret that decision ;-)

--

Maryann's Law:
	You can always find what you're not looking for.