Re: DLINK NIC modules via-rhine.c

    >> Hello, I have just installed a DLINK 530TX Nic in a debian 2.2
    >> box.  This card uses the via-rhine module However when I do
    >> #insmod via-rhine I get: using
    >> /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/via-rhine.o
    >> /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/via-rhine.o: init_module: Device or
    >> resource busy Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module
    >> parameters, including
    >>
    >> invalid IRQ...
    >>
    >> The output of #lspci for this device is: 00:10.0 Ethernet
    >> controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3065
    >>
    >> (rev 4)
    >>
    >> I have looked at the drivers page at http://www.scyld.com and for
    >> this device I need the via-rhine module >1.07. Debian 2.2 only
    >> has version 1.01.  scyld.com has a via-rhine.c file which is a
    >> correct version, but I cannot get this to compile.  Is there a
    >> debianised version of vi-rhine.o?  Am i barking up the wrong tree
    >> completely Regards Stephen
    JB>  I think the driver for this card is RealTek RTL8139.

If the card is indeed a 530TX, then the correct driver for it is the
via-rhine.

If the card is a 530-TX+, *then* the correct driver is the RealTek
RTL8139.

Note the difference between the two: 530TX vs. 530TX+

I have two 530-TX+ NICs connected on my internal net and they are
configured using the RealTek RTL8139 driver.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com