ALSA problem in Potato

Hi!

I have a SB16 ASP ISA soundcard. It's not supported by OSS, so
I installed the ALSA packages included in Potato. The sound works,
but there is an annoying "knack" noise about every 2 seconds (in
average, depends on music) in the right stereo channel (only during
playing). I've checked my earphones of course, but it should have to
do something with Debian or the ALSA version, because my previous
System was a Slackware 4 extended by a self-compiled ALSA system
and everything worked fine.
There are similar noises, when I change the master volume in the mixer
(also without playing). I have deactivated all other channels (microphone,
etc.), but nothing changes.

My questions:
- Does anyone have a the same (or even similar) problem?
- Can anyone give me hint, what I can check or how to solve
this problem?

PS: I don't wont to install the source distribution of ALSA, because
of clean package management in my fresh Potato installation.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Christoph.

--