Re: linux + its size ========but now where to go for the installation -please direct

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Fuad <fuadg@remoteapps.com> wrote:

> I want to install debian which folder do I go to ???

Although I am quoting here www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install I
believe you should read it all before attempting to do anything.

/begin{quote}
If you are using a web browser on a networked computer to read this
document, you can probably retrieve the files by selecting their names in your
web browser. Depending on your browser you may need to take special action
to download directly to a file, in raw binary mode. For example, in Netscape
you need to hold the shift key when clicking on the URL to retrieve the file.
Files can be downloaded from the URLs in this document, or you can retrieve
them from
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/,
or the corresponding directory on any of the Debian mirror sites.
/end{qoute}

> installation is confusing???????????????????

The step by step procedure that is given by the docs in the above link might
make it less confusing.

> please see pic provided of the FTP window of debian. I've now got 400mb on
> the 486 !!!!!!!

That is good. Will save you the troubles of disk space difficulties.