Windows open up larger than screen in X+GNOME+Window Maker

Hey all,

I'm using Deb 2.2, with GNOME and Window Maker. I've noticed that some =
windows/dialog boxes seem to be larger than the screen causing you to =
move the window to see it completely.....this I find to be very =
irritating and would prefer the Windows kind of approach wherein the =
screen resolution is the maximum size your window can be. I'm using a =
resolution of 800x600, I've tried editing the XF86Config and putting the =
line "Virtual 800 600" under the appropriate section...this doesn't seem =
to help....not all windows open up like this though......I'd really =
appreciate some help in this.

Thanks