Re: wine (woody) can't find KERNEL32.dll

Mark Phillips <mark@ist.flinders.edu.au> wrote:
> I just upgraded wine to the woody version.  A program that used to run
> on the potato version now crashes at the start, complaining:
>
> err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) KERNEL32.dll needed by
> C:\etax2000_1.exe not found
>
> Now I thought kernel32 was a builtin thing.  That's what is in the
> wine.conf.  Any ideas on what is wrong?

I went through the same thing at the weekend. Just open up
/etc/ld.so.conf and add this line:

/usr/lib/wine

Do the usual ldconfig afterwards. /etc/wine.conf has changed a fair bit
recently so it would be a good idea to install the maintainer's version
and edit it to your requirements instead of using your version which, if
it is anything like mine, was probably created many, many versions ago.

I am amazed at how close Wine is getting to running stuff like MS
Publisher - it runs it very well but can't yet do OLE services.

Hope this helps.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux