Re: apts: something wicked happend resolving 'http.us.debian.org/http '

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Russ Pitman wrote:

> Postfix broke with a stuck mail queue, apt-get broke again and I have just
> finished reinstalling potato on a separate drive to enable mail.
> I reckon I will stay down here for mail until I can find out how to
> repair woody 'cos there is a heap off apps there I don't have room
> for on this drive.

Try installing your own copy of bind setup with no forwarders and set your
resolv.conf to only use localhost.

If that solves it then it would confirm my theory that this is caused by
buggy DNS servers messing with glibc's new logic...

Someone really needs to look into this in detail, but I don't know of
anyone who can reproduce it at will. If you can do this (by editing your
resolv.conf) then I think we can probably find it..

Jason