Difference between xterms in Debian and Redhat

Hi,

I installed potato on a system on which I have been using redhat.  I
had spent a bit of time selecting color combinations that I liked for
programs like mutt and slrn.  Unfortunately, the colors are
considerably different under Debian, making things hard to read.  Does
anyone know why the xterms differ and if I can get the redhat behavior
somehow?  (Oh, and its not an XFree86 3.3 -> 4.0 version thing since
the colors were the same under redhat 6.2 and 7.0).

The scrollbars are different too, but that is not much of a problem.

Thanks
--
Scott V. McGuire <svmcguir@syr.edu>
I lost my GnuPG Key.  Nobody ever sent me the secret plans anyway.