Services

Hi,

Back. Ok. The advice was for switching off a service such as inetd. I did
the stop and had a look at the conf files, etc. But what finally stopped it
was just removing the link to the /etc/init.d/inetd file in all 6 of the rc
directories. This wasn't particularly clean in my eyes. Or is it,
considering only what is required is in there?

When you turn off a service in linuxconf, wht does it do? I don't think it
places a 0 in the exit for the service. Does it remove the link, is there
another command I didn't catch. This is to turn the service off for good.

Thanks for all the help. The group stuff was great.

Jonathan

PS Like an idiot I deleted the files without making a copy. I would want to
know the ame in case I have to make the ling again. I think it was
@20inetd... Is that the case?