apt-move update skipping .debs

Hello,
I have recently set up a local mirror with apt-move and am using it to
upgrade machines on the LAN.

It seems to be working fine, except that when performing an "apt-move
update", a number of  .debs are skipped, and not moved to the local
mirror (/mirrors/debian).  Other .debs, however, are moved to the local
mirror properly.

I've read the apt-move's manpage several times, yet cannot figure out
what is causing these .debs to be skipped.   According to apt-move's
manpage, a file called /mirrors/debian/.exclude will cause files which
match specified patterns to be skipped, but I have no such file in my
/mirrors/debian directory.  Additionally, "apt-get -v exclude" does not
return any filenames of .debs to be excluded.

As some of the skipped .debs are rather large ones, it is inconvenient
that they are not moved into the local mirror (defeatng the point of
having a local mirror in the first place).

Am I missing an important step, or is there some reason that these
.debs are not making it into the local mirror?

TIA

P.S. Please reply to me directly.  Thanks.
--
David Karlin
dkarlin@coloradomtn.edu