Re: Debian box sick... "hda lost interrupt" "Unknown vector 67"

> >I have a 486DX4/100 (Overdrive) with 32MB of RAM that I run Debian on..
> >
> >Up until yesterday it was running like a dream.. Now it does stuff like
> >"Unknown vector 67 in CPU#0" and after that and something about idling says
> >"hda interrupt lost" over and over and over again.
>
> I had these messages on a dying hard disk.

How would one test a hard disk with ext2+swap fs to see if its dying?
Ie. discern whether or not its motherboard/ide controller, HDD or corrupted
files..

Also, the server in question is/was a 486DX4/100 PCI/ISA MB so it can't handle
big disks (Probably has 8GB limit) - good place to get "smaller" HDDs?

.. am wanting to get Linux server back up and running - as I'm currently using
the EvilEmpire's Win98SE ICS to share net 'round my LAN, and it's just
downright blackbox nasty :)

Anthony