aime mud server

I've recently started playing around with the aime mud server (advanced
interactive mudding environment, so I guess "aime mud server" is
redundant).

I haven't been able to sign up for the mailing lists at
aime.sourceforge.net, so I will ask my questions here.

1.  I can't seem to get admin access.  The docs say you must put the
master user name and password in the config file.  You also must
encrypt the password with an included utility called "makepasswd".
This is not in the debian version, and README.Debian mentions nothing
about it.

The default master user was "superdude" with password "xxxxxxxx".  When
I tried to log in as superdude, it asked me if I wished to create a new
user.  I declined.  I edited the config; changed master user to "root"
and password to "".  It again asked me if I wanted to create a new
user; this time I accepted.  It went through all the "choose your
race... blah blah" and then crashed when it tried to start the game.
Next I changed to password and this time it allowed to play as "root"
after creating a new user, but I am still not the master user.

2.  Does anyone know how much disk space/bandwidth a mud server can
take up?  I know this will vary wildly, but I'd like some rough
estimates.  My network connection is limited to 500 megs per day.  My
disk is also low, but that can be remedied...

Thanks.

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no feet,
so I took his shoes.
                -- Dave Barry