Re: Multiple X consoles on LINUX

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:34:29 -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com said:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 03:40:58AM +0000, suraj vijayan (surajvijayan@hotmail.com) wrote:
>  > I would like to get multiple X consoles on my LINUX PC.
>  > I'm able to switch to a different console by <cntrl><alt><F1-Fn>,
>  > but I'm unclear how to get xdm get running on all the consoles.
>
>  I played with this briefly, could point you in a direction though I'm
>  not sure it's the right one.
>
>  Look at /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers.  You may be able to add additional
>  displays to be managed here, though I ran into problems (translation:
>  hosed my existing X session) when I attempted to do so.

	I just started up 6 x-sessions with:
startx -- :0 vt7
startx -- :1 vt8
startx -- :2 vt9  etc.
	I dont use xdm, but the docs say edit /xdm/Xservers:
:0 local /usr/bin/X11/X :0 vt7
:1 local /usr/bin/X11/X :1 vt8 etc.
	If you want to use vt1-6 then you would have to remove
the gettys from /etc/inittab.
--
gEEk||dOOd^Deb+ian&&XFce$everything goes<Pronto>(-_-)