FYI: Apt move /cdrom to /mnt/cdrom solved

Hi,

Thanks for all those who put in their 2 cents worth on moving the default
/cdrom to /mnt/cdrom and getting apt-get to work. I read the three msgs
(response was controlled but quality and not quantity is what matters), and
the man pages, and it finally came down to typing assorted commands and
adding or removing a colon, etc. I found the apt-cdrom and apt.conf man
pages to be slightly contradictory. One says to use this, the other that.
Anyway, the following works and I've used it to load off /mnt/cdrom:

1. Create /mnt/cdrom
2. Change fstab
3. Add the following line to /etc/apt/apt.conf:

Acquire::cdrom::Mount "/mnt/cdrom/";

4. Type: apt-cdrom add
5. Type: apt-get update.

That's it. The last may not be necessary but I'm on a learning curve here
and want to play it safe...

Jonathan

PS I should be able to use:

Acquire::cdrom::Mount {"/mnt/cdrom/";};

But it won't work. Any thoughts appreciated.