RE: Telnet to mail host replies connection refused

> Just a wild guess, but:  are you actually typing "IP_NUM" or are you
> substituting a real IP number?
>
> Some servers are configured to refuse telnet connections.  (Telnet

I am actually putting the IP number in :)  I can telnet to the standard
telnet port just fine.  From another machine, that is.  Can telnet be
blocked to certain ports?  PS indicates sendmail is refusing connections
which is probably a bad sign.  I am not sure how to fix it...

--
Paul McHale
   Work:   937-320-5495          Double E Solutions