apt cheating?

Thanks to those who pointed me to the package "equivs" which, as far
as I understand, cannot help in my case (version conflicts).

But to answer my own question:

 > So, is there any way to cheat apt, so that it accepts some broken
 > dependencies - because they are hidden from it?

You can do so by editing /var/lib/dpkg/status and (necessary?)
/var/lib/dpkg/available and preventing apt access to the original
information about the concerned package. Surely not recommended - but
does the trick :-)

Andreas Goesele