Re: Graphical FTP client

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 06:19:21PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> I'm looking for a graphical FTP program to use under KDE. My windows program
> is ws-ftp so anything similar would be best.

Just in case you don't know, the KDE File Manager ( kfm with KDE 1.x,
konqueror with kde2.0 ) can be also used as a FTP client program.

IIRC, for anonimous FTP you should specify in the 'filename entry' the URL
ftp://<your ftp server path>. I believe it would also let you to specify
id and password for non-anonymous FTP login, but I'm not sure about the
syntax.

For basig FTP stuff its should be enough, though dedicated FTP programs can
offer more specific features.

Ciao.
--
FB