Re: pon questions

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 04:35:21AM +0200, Francois Fayard wrote:
> > 2) Can "pon" be set up to display a "connect" message
> >    for my wife and kids to see?  The enter a "pon" command
> >    and expect to "surf" or read email before the connection
> >    is made.
>
> I just want to ask for something close to what is asked here. I would be
> pleased to have a script like pon but that finishes when the connexion is
> established.
>
> Francois

Replying to myself. I know it's horrible, but if you could give a better idea :

As root
 Create /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/lock:
  #!/bin/sh

  touch /var/lock/connexion_established

 chmod 755 /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/lock
 Create /etc/ppp/ip-down.d/lock:
  #!/bin/sh

  rm /var/lock/connexion_established
 chmod 755 /etc/ppp/ip-down.d/lock

As user
 Create ~/bin/pon:
  #!/usr/bin/zsh

  /usr/bin/pon;
  while [[ ! ( -a /var/lock/connexion_established ) ]]
    do
        sleep 1s;
    done
  echo "Connexion is established";